Our first-ever float trip collaboration with Buffalo Outdoor Center (BOC) kicks off this Spring. The excursion includes a shuttle service by Slaughter Trail Guides from Fayettechill Basecamp in Fayetteville to the Buffalo River and back. You will be outfitted with your own canoe, paddles, life jackets, & mesh bag for waste for a 8 mile float from Steel Creek to Kyle’s Landing.
- 7:30 am - 8:45 am - We recommend going to checkout Fayetteville Farmers Market at 101 W Mountain St, Fayetteville, AR 72701 and picking up coffee and breakfast at Dirty Apron Bakehouse - 245 N Church Ave, Fayetteville, AR 72701 or Puritan Coffee located in the same building as Basecamp. We will be open at 8:30 am on shuttle days to help with any questions on apparel and your trip.
Departure time is 9 am. Please be ready in Basecamp lot by 8:45 am.
Paid parking is located at Spring St Garage - 221 N School Ave, Fayetteville, AR 72701 for $5 with full day parking. The walk is 4 minutes and 0.2 miles from Basecamp. Feel free to drop off gear at Basecamp before parking.
- 10:30 am - 11:00 am - Check in at BOC in Ponca, AR. Here you can pick up lunches and any last minute items for river trip - BOC carries variety of river essentials if you forgot any. Once checked in, we'll shuttle to Steel Creek.
- 11:15 am - 6:00 pm - Paddle from Steel Creek to Kyles Landing (8 mile float trip / expect anywhere from 2 - 3 miles per hour floating without stopping)
- 6:15 pm - 7:45 pm - Depart Kyles Landing back to Fayetteville, AR at Fayettechill Basecamp. Toast to a great day on the river with surrounding restaurants and bars located around the entertainment district of Fayetteville.
Buffalo River Information:
How To Prepare:
- Before your trip, check out this essential guide on what to expect on your float provided by the BOC.
What To Bring:
- Water and beverages (glass is not permitted) - Adult beverages will need to be purchased prior to leaving Fayetteville as Ponca is in a dry county
- Change of clothes, lightweight quick-dry materials are preferred
- Swimsuit and a hat
- Waterproof shoes
- Dry bag for your valuables
- Floating holder (koozie) for beverages: All beverage containers not securely contained in a sealed cooler or mesh litter bag must be held in a floating holder that is designed to prevent it from sinking beneath the surface of the water
- Non toxic sunscreen and insect repellent
- Sunglasses with retainers
- Enough food for a lunch and snacks
- Lockable lightweight cooler (The possession of polystyrene coolers (commonly known as Styrofoam is prohibited while floating along the Buffalo River)
This service permits you to cancel a canoe / shuttle reservation(s) without penalty. To cancel, simply call BOC staff (870-861-5514) by 12:00 PM before the date of arrival. You will receive an email cancellation confirming that your reservation(s) has been cancelled. Important to Note: Please note that an email or phone message cannot be accepted as a form of cancellation; Buffalo Outdoor Center must speak with you in person in order to assure that your cancellation has been received.
Hit us up at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll get back to you quickly.